Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Memories of Brazil by Brian T.


If I were to pick one word to describe my experience with this study trip to Brazil I would choose the word “surprise.” There was something new to see, do or learn around every corner. This trip to Brazil exceeded my expectations on several levels with the people, the businesses and attractions, the beauty of the country, the architecture, the rich heritage, and the people.
If I were to pick one word to describe Brazil – the people we met, the businesses and attractions we visited, and the total experience we had on our trip I would choose the word “passion.” The people of Brazil appeared to me to be very passionate about their country, their work, their families, their clothing and appearance, their sports - especially football, and their leisure time. They are not reluctant in the least to express that passion as they talk about their country, businesses and people. They show much public affection for each other embracing and kissing and they are very easy to make friends with.
What can I say about Rob Giberson? He did an amazing job at pulling off this study trip. Not only did we get a glimpse into Brazilian business we learned about the culture with a few tourist visits as well. And...we are all home safe. He also had things so well organized there was very little time for shopping which saved me a bundle. Thank you Rob.
Finally I would like to say something about our group but really there are no words to describe our experience together. We looked after each other. We looked out for each other and we developed life-long friendships. Our differing personalities made for some good humour, very good times together and made the overall study trip to Brazil a huge success. Thank you group.

The most famous song from Rio:



1 comment:

  1. Great descriptive word! I've always thought they were passionate people too.

    ReplyDelete